BHR Group’s SOCIAL & ETHICAL POLICY
BHR Group’s social and ethical policy applies worldwide and acts as a reference point to guide employees and other stakeholders on the aspects that drive the conduct of BHR Group’s business relationships. The policy contains detailed provisions covering the following aspects:
- Standard of conduct to be followed in dealing with employees and everyone with whom the group has relationships.
- Compliance with the law and applicable regulations.
- Sound employment policies, which take account of labour rights and conventions, prohibit discrimination and include recruitment, employment and promotion solely on the basis of qualification and ability.
- Commitment to customers, partners and suppliers.
- Safeguarding of shareholder’s interests including applying good corporate governance.
- Utmost integrity in business dealings and absolute probity in business transactions.
- Avoidance of conflicts of interest by employees.
- Community involvement and charitable assistance.
- Engagement with government and other organisations to promote and defend BHR Group’s business interests.
- Continuous improvements in managing its environmental impact.
- Full compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Safeguarding and maximising the use of Group property.
- Protection of confidential information.
- Communication of all policies to appropriate stakeholders.
- Compliance – There are formal reporting channels throughout the Group to investigate allegations of misconduct and to take appropriate actions.
- In order to minimise any malpractice we continually investigate and monitor social and ethical issues enabling them to improve current policies and to implement initiatives to reduce the risk of future incidents.